1. VERSE OF THE MONTH: “I came so that you might have life and have it to the fullest.” – John 10:10b
2. QUOTE OF THE MONTH: “If you’re going to pray, then don’t worry. If you’re going to worry, then don’t pray.”
3. RESPONDING TO “WHY I HATE RELIGION, BUT LOVE JESUS” VIRAL VIDEO
Early in January a video entitled “Why I Hate Religion, But Love Jesus” went viral (over 13 million views in 1 week!) and caused a bit of a stir in the Christian world. Many people watched it and bought it hook, line, and sinker. But should they of?
4. COMMENTARY ON THE RECENT HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES MANDATE
In case you hadn’t heard:
“The Federal government, more specifically the Department of Health and Human Services and the Obama Administration, have mandated that every employer carry mandatory contraception, sterilization, and abortion-inducing drugs in health care insurance plans – without a cost to the employee. The only exemption is for churches, synagogues, mosques, etc. This means Catholic hospitals, schools, universities, etc. will be forced to carry these items or drop insurance coverage and pay fines.” – http://marysaggies.blogspot.com/2012/01/violation-of-consciences-and-bill-of.html
Archbishop Dolan of New York comments here: http://marysaggies.blogspot.com/2012/01/archbishop-dolan-responds-to.html
Fr. Barron comments here:
TAKE ACTION! Send an e-mail to Congress (takes roughly 40 seconds to do!).
5. Just for Fun: THE PAGE TURNER